Did you know that each year the number of serious injuries and death increases due to the swallowing of button batteries (also know as coin lithium batteries) by children?
These batteries can be found in the following items,
flashing holiday jewelry
birthday cards that play music
books that have sound or lights
The best way to avoid having these batteries getting into the hands of little ones is to keep them and any items that require the use of these batteries in storage and/or far out of the reach of children.
If you suspect a child in your care has swallowed a button battery, immediately call 9-1-1 and or rush to the emergency room.
For more safety tips about button batteries, visit the Safe Kids website, click here.